I hope that you are enjoying the TCK Academy Expert Interview Teleseminar Series, so far. It has been my absolute pleasure to pick the brains of some of the leading TCK/CCK experts and exciting new upcomers on a variety of topics to learn more about successfully navigating the internationally mobile lifestyle, as TCAs, ATCKs/ACCKs, teachers, parents, and counselors. As you read the feedback and testimonials you will begin to see the benefits of attending these interviews. More importantly, you will know that being there with us is time well spent!
For example, Lori , a teacher in Tokyo praises, saying “worth waking up for at 5 AM!” The best part about attending these TCK Academy Teleseminars is that you not only actually get to hear our guests talk about their passions regarding this field and the work that they do to support this global community, you get to ask them your questions, discuss concerns and share stories - “Thank you so very much for making the surreal, real!"
…. And, if you have been on the calls or listened to the MP3 recordings, then you know that I have attempted to ask thought provoking questions, so that everyone can learn from these experts, and be able to take action with the answers that all the experts have provided. I believe that he questions that have been asked by our listeners clearly show the value and quality of these interviews.
In this "Free" series, we have covered (will cover) topics, such as:
· How maneuver the parenting of TCKs and other global nomads to in an on-demand world
· The power of finding language to describe and better articulate your nomadic experiences to those that do not understand
· Secrets of attracting and finding relationships that work with your TCKness
· Learning about the grief and trauma associated with this lifestyle and discovering that you are not alone in your grief
· The stages of grief and what can be done at each stage for your wellbeing and growth
· Keys to releasing the past and embracing “the here and now”
· “Barrier Beliefs” to mastery over the challenges of being a TCK/CCK: Do you have any?
· Developing an understanding of how to best cope and find comfort in these experiences.
· Generating ideas and support for establishing a plan to move forward from these losses
· Celebrating the richness of the TCK experiences even as we name and offer language for understanding the challenges.
· How sharing stories of our sadness and loss, can benefit others and lessen our own pain.
My partner Brice Royer and I are excited about the opportunity to provide this programming through our founding of the TCK Academy. We have a lot in the planning stages and look forward to future offerings. If you have not already done so, please consider this my personal invitation to join us for this ongoing summer series. If you have participated in one or more of this series already, we would love to have you join us again!!
You will hear (and be able to ask questions) from experts, such as:
Ruth Van Reken – Highly sought TCK consultant, and author of Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds and Letters Never Sent
Robin Pascoe – The Expat Expert and author of Homeward Bound and the Moveable Marriage.
Donna Musil – Army Brat/ATCK, writer, director and producer of Brats: Our Journey Home
Tom Query is the Executive Director of the Foothills Counseling Center in northern Georgia, and a highly skilled licensed professional counselor/psychotherapist. His expertise includes and grief and loss issues, relationships, and individuation. Tom served as one of the Rescue Mental Health Professionals with the Red Cross in New York Oct/Nov 2001, working with survivors and families of this tragic event.
Nancy Ruth – ATCK and Senior Global Coordinator and Facilitator of Cultural Awareness International
Kellie Pullin and Terry Kinnard – the Emergent Coach™ and the creators of the Path to Choice Teleseminar
Barbara F. Schaetti, Ph.D. is Principal Consultant of Transition Dynamics, a faculty member of the Intercultural Communication Institute and is a founding partner of Personal Leadership Seminars (PLSeminars).
… and others ( more details soon).
This week, I am honored to bring Margie Ulsh, editor of Among Worlds Magazine: Encouraging and Empowering Adult Third Culture Kids (ATCKs) for our Expert Series Interviews. Not only is Margie humorous and fun-loving, she will leave you with a footprint of thoughtful and soul provoking ideas.
I hope to see you there!!